Giving Students the EDGE they need to Succeed!
Concordia’s Learning Edge program is available to all students for reading, math, writing and organizational skills, utilizing many different modalities and strategies for learning. Our program is individually tailored to students. It allows learning beyond the classroom standard – from meeting students needs who require additional support to enriching students who desire a bigger challenge.
Our AAA Approach to Learning
Concordia’s Learning Edge offers customized education for every student using a unique, AAA approach.
Students receive one-on-one or small group tutoring designed to help them strengthen the specific skills needed to consistently succeed in the classroom. Students begin work in a subject at their current level of mastery and progress at an individualized pace in the Learning Edge with accommodations in place to encourage success. Students exit the program when they are consistently demonstrating grade level achievement as measured by periodic summative assessment.
Students who seek and respond to challenges are engaged through the Learning Edge in a variety of ways. Whether providing critical thinking activities in math, or the opportunity to become a “published” author in The Writers’ Workshop, the services provided by the Learning Edge are part of our team approach to enriched learning.
Students engage in independent study that is self-paced at a much faster rate than the pace of the regular classroom. These learners are assisted, monitored and assessed through the Learning Edge, moving quickly through material that allows them to learn at levels beyond their current grade placement. There is no limit to how far they can go!
Services provided by the Learning Edge are free to all of our families as it is part of our team approach to learning.
Learning Edge Opportunities
- Critical thinking and problem solving in small math enrichment groups for grades 3-5
- Writers’ Workshop in small writing enrichment groups for grades 3-5
- Reading enrichment activities two days per week in grades 1 and 2
- LexiaCore5 (individualized online reading program for grades K-5)
- IXL Math (individualized online math facts program for grades K-8)
- Small group individualized math approach for grades 3-8 serving students who need additional support or acceleration
- Support, education, and accommodation for sensory integration dysfunction, autism spectrum disorder, ADD and ADHD and other learning differences