Giving Students the EDGE they need to Succeed!
Concordia’s Learning Edge program is available to all students for reading, math, writing and organizational skills, utilizing many different modalities and strategies for learning. Our program is individually tailored to students; whether providing critical thinking activities in math or the opportunity to become a “published” author in The Writers’ Workshop, the services provided by the Learning Edge are part of our team approach to learning.
Our AAA Approach to Learning
Concordia’s Learning Edge offers customized education for every student using a unique, AAA approach
ACHIEVE (Skills Remediation)
Students receive one-on-one or small group tutoring designed to help them strengthen the specific skills needed to consistently succeed in the classroom.
ADVANCE (Modified Curriculum and/or Accommodations)
Students begin work in a subject at their current level of mastery and progress at an individualized pace in the Learning Edge or regular classroom, with expectations modified and/or accommodations in place to encourage success. This may include a reduced workload (some assignments cut back, extended, or eliminated) or the opportunity for students to demonstrate what they know in a different way (assignments or testing modified to focus on learning strengths and preferred modalities). Students exit the program when they are consistently demonstrating grade level achievement as measured by periodic summative assessment.
ACCELERATE (Free to fly!)
Students engage in independent study that is self-paced at a much faster rate than the pace of the regular classroom. These learners are assisted, monitored, and assessed through the Learning Edge, moving quickly through material that allows them to learn at levels beyond their current grade placement. There is no limit to how far they can go!
Services provided by the Learning Edge are free to all of our families as it is part of our team approach to learning.
Learning Edge Opportunities
- Critical thinking and problem solving in small math enrichment groups for grades 3-5
- Writers’ Workshop in small writing enrichment groups for grades 3-5
- Reading enrichment activities two days per week in grades 1 and 2
- LexiaCore5 (individualized online reading program for grades JK-5)
- IXL Math (individualized online math facts program for grades JK-8)
- Fast ForWord (individualized online language and reading comprehension program for grades 2-8)
- Small group individualized math approach for grades 3-8 serving students who need additional support or acceleration
- Support, education, and accommodation for sensory integration dysfunction, autism spectrum disorder, ADD and ADHD and other learning differences