About Concordia Lutheran Middle School
Concordia Lutheran Middle School’s (6th, 7th and 8th grades) emphasis overall is to provide a continuum of education from the early grades, to the middle grades, and then on to high school. Our teachers at CLS and sister school, Mount Rainier Lutheran High School, coordinate closely so that student learning paths are seamlessly integrated in multiple disciplines. Concordia Lutheran Middle School is a specially designed program to help students through those critical years of change and growth between the ages of 12 and 14.
Our Middle School students spend a lot of time in conversation and preparation for high school, beginning with access to a school-issued iPad. Middle School students benefit from a working knowledge of key technologies.
We take them from a self-contained classroom to a more departmentalized environment. They begin taking elective classes and participating in athletics. They are also empowered to live their faith through a number of service and leadership opportunities on and off campus. They are mentors to our younger students in a variety of activities such as math and reading. This is a structured journey toward independent thinking and personal responsibility.
- School-issued iPad for student work
- Class size averages under 20
- Hands-on STEM Science Modeling Curriculum (Learn More)
- Learning Edge Resource Program (Learn More)
- Accelerated individualized programs for highly capable students
- Specialized programs for students who need help in certain areas or who have unique learning styles
- Fall, Winter and Spring Sports
- Service and Leadership Opportunities
- Mentoring of younger students
- Elective Classes
- Action in Ministry
- Weekly chapel with guest speaker, teacher and student-led chapel
A Philosophy of Caring
Middle School presents special learning and developmental challenges because it’s an age of such immense growth. From the beginning of 6th grade to the end of 8th grade, kids can grow as much as six inches. While we can see the physical changes, we know that emotionally they’re maturing as well, while mentally they’re beginning to make abstract leaps.
At CLS we know every Middle School student is unique, so we provide an environment where students feel safe and valued just as they are. At the same time, our goal is that by the end of the year they will have grown both smarter and wiser, and their faith and relationship with God will have strengthened as well.