About Mount Rainier Lutheran High School
Mount Rainier Lutheran High School provides a Christ-centered and student-focused environment that equips young people in their educational and spiritual journeys to be servant leaders in a global society. With that in mind, we exist to share values and shape lives of the students and families we encounter through this educational ministry.
Mount Rainier Lutheran High School, founded by the Lutheran High School Association of South Puget Sound, opened its doors in the fall of 2003, first meeting in the basement of Good Shepherd Lutheran Church in Tacoma. The vision for this ministry began long before that time; a group of dedicated supporters of Concordia Lutheran School hoped for the continuation of that K-8 ministry. MRLHS continues its mission of sharing values and shaping lives!
Highlights at a Glance
- In the 2016-17 Academic year – 95 students in grades 9-12
- Average Class Size: 17
- 96% go on to college
- 100% graduation rate
- 46% Lutheran 27% other Christian 27% claim no church
- Dual Credit Program: Students can attend classes at Pacific Lutheran University & Grand Canyon College (online) to receive college credit
- Education First Tours: offered during Spring Semester
- Faith Hour: Students participate in chapel as well as small groups where biblical messages are discussed with real-life application
- Unique Co-Curriculars: Junior Classical League, Forensics, Environmental Science & Many More!